I’d like to share a partial list of life happenings that some of you may have experienced. If the Holy Spirit is tugging at your heart, please consider bringing the events to the Lord in His time and at the pace He chooses for you. Please take your time and be careful not to be overwhelmed. In prayer, as well as perhaps being supported by others who are caring true Christians, you can make peace with the issues that have taken place in your lives before our Lord.
Peace List — Everything you need to make peace with in your life. Every bad experience you have either experienced or witnessed. Anything you know had some negative emotional impact at the time it happened.
List just a title of each memory. (Include the emotions you felt during the experience.)
1. Start at Birth, before birth, whats going on with parents, the stories you were told.
2. How siblings & family members felt about you, how they treated you
3. First experiences, list what you can remember or the stories you were told.
4. Any sexual abuse, your first sexual experience
5. Emotional or physical abuse or traumas
6. School experiences, issues with teachers, classmates, etc.
7. Major moves, changing schools
8. Deaths of pets, pet injuries, losses
9. Any romantic relationships, especially first boyfriend/girlfriend
10. Pivotal points in life with parents, siblings, bosses, co-workers, whoever
11. Divorce, relationship breakups, broken friendships
12. Deaths, grief & loss, loss of job, loss of health
13. All hurts, anything you felt bad about when it happened
14. All major medical illness, chronic illness, other medical problems
15. Accidents & injuries
16. Fears/phobias, i.e. Fear of dogs, list each experience to support the fear
Happy Journal — Only good stuff — Some ideas
Perhaps you could choose a nicely bound journal with a cover you like…something you would feel good about when you see it.
1. Positive emotional experiences in detail, with feelings as if you are there
2. Affirmations, words, pictures, cards, poems, anything that feels good
3. Goals & dreams phrased as if you already have it.
4. Gratitude list, what I like about my life
5. GEMS, quotes that have special meaning to you.